Skip to content

Sketches from Hawaii

April 25, 2012

I recently went to Oahu and the Big Island for my birthday. Here are some sketches from the ten day trip.

I wasn’t staying at the Surfrider, but I did hang out there. This guy was singing about a little grass hut.

I liked sitting on the porch in the rocking chairs.

This is the hotel I stayed for the weekend—The Aston Waikiki Circle. And circular it was. Comfy bed, too!

First Mai Tai of the trip!

I took The Bus to Koko Head. Slow but cheap. What’s the hurry, right?

So many steps to the top, but worth the view.

Two great meals—a mixed plate from Rainbow Drive-In and eggs and sausage from Eggs ‘N Things.

Now on to the Big Island. 12B would be an indication of what’s to come.

A really cool beach north of the Kailua Kona airport.

Snorkeling near Captain Cook’s monument. I remember a lot of Yellow Tang and a couple of aptly named Parrot Fish.

Oh, stayed at the Royal Kona Resort. Great value, great location. Mauna Kea offered an amazing view of the island as far as the eye could see.

It was on the happy hour menu, and I couldn’t resist the colors. Tasted very banana-y. Huggos on the Rocks is a great place to catch the sunset, too.

Just me,  the trade winds, and….a vietnamese silk robe?  Anyway, it was a great trip!

About these ads
6 Comments leave one →
  1. Mary permalink
    April 25, 2012 10:54 pm

I enjoyed each & every delightful entry! Beautiful job! (LOL 12B!)

2. Hibret permalink
    April 26, 2012 11:33 am

I absolutely love them all. Dan you are so talented. I need a book for my business. You may need to spend half a day with us one of these days. It may not be Hawaii but we’ll make sure you get some kind of drink while you’re here. lol

3. yoshi permalink
    May 7, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah Dan! They are very nice. These pics make me wanna go back there soon!

4. Christine Witton permalink
    May 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Beautiful sketches. Great captions too.

5. Bill Quarre permalink
    October 6, 2012 1:24 pm

Wonderful sketches. There’s humor in them.

6. lana martin permalink
    March 29, 2013 3:04 am

wow…i wish i could capture moments the way you do…

i too possess talents…just not any of the useful type lol